Thursday, May 26, 2016

20 Time Final Post

          Now that my 20 time project is over, I would like to share the outcome of my project and just the overall experience in general. Although I didn't have a final physical product, I have gotten pretty close to what I wanted my overall project to be. I plan to carry my project into the summer because I think it is super beneficial for not only my peers, but also me personally. Veda, my partner, and I are planning to test more methods on more people in order to get more accurate results and further our knowledge. I have recently been using our best testing methods for upcoming finals and I have found that it actually helps me relieve a lot of stress. Of course I still feel a bit pressured and stressed out, but that's expected. So far we have created a presentation explaining our project and a data chart with all of our results from our experiment.
          
          This is a photo of a chart that I made showing the research that we did when it comes to dealing with stress. I listed some ways to deal with stress, some ways to not deal with stress, and also some common signs of stress. This was one of the most important steps for building our project because it was the foundation of our whole experiment. We are planning to add more techniques and methods for dealing with stress to this list so that it can continue to help us as we carry this project into the future.
          After being in the near finals steps of our 20 time project, we presented a TED Talk in class to showcase what we did with our time and our personal interests. This is a video of our TED Talk.

          I think that my TED Talk actually went really well. Going into it, I felt really nervous and sort of unprepared. I had practiced a lot and I did it well at home, but I thought that I would freak out. However, once I started talking, my memory kicked in. I felt really comfortable and it helped a lot that I had another person speaking with me. I thought that the best part of my TED Talk was how I didn't have any notes and I memorized all my lines. If I had to do it again, I would definitely try to cite other sources but also try and connect/relate with the audience more. I think my take-away from this experience would be getting better at public speaking. Throughout this year, I think that my speaking skills have grown tremendously. In the beginning of the year, not even in just biology, whenever I had to do a presentation I would tense up and not do my best, but I think that I have really managed to get pretty comfortable talking in front of the class. I still get nervous, but I mean who doesn't?
          I liked listening to others' presentations because not only was it informational, but I also learned a lot more about that person and their hobbies/interests. I felt engaged and I thought it was good to get a small break from learning strictly biology to seeing and becoming aware of other topics. This 20 time project, in my opinion, was a really great experience and the only thing I would change would be to have more time so that people can have more time. There seemed to be the common problem of time for most people and I think that next year it would be a lot better if the students started from maybe the middle of first semester rather than the start of second semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment