Sunday, October 18, 2015

Unit 3 Reflection

            This unit was all about cells and their different parts, photosynthesis, and cellular respiration. Some themes and essential understandings were that cells are the basic unit of life, photosynthesis is the main source of energy for plants, and that cellular respiration has three main steps. Some of my strengths is understanding how diffusion occurs and knowing all of the parts of the cell. One of my weaknesses is fully understanding the process of photosynthesis. I also have trouble memorizing all the jobs of the different parts of the cell. One success of mine is being able to identify all the parts of the cell because I studied a lot to try and memorize them. However, a setback of mine is not being able to understand photosynthesis well because it is a big concept and very important in biology. The two hardest topics to understand are cellular respiration and photosynthesis. I still do not fully understand photosynthesis. I learned that in order to manage the demands of the class well I have to study for tests by reviewing by notes as soon as I'm done with the vodcast to recap all the information in my notes. I learned that I work well in collaborative settings.
            In this unit we learned about the history of cells and their different parts and functions. We learned the differences between plant cells and animal cells. We also learned about photosynthesis and cellular respiration. The reactants and products of cellular respiration and photosynthesis are opposites. We were taught the equations for both photosynthesis and cellular respiration. The three main parts of cellular respiration are glycosides, the Krebs Cycle, and the electron transport chain. In addition to learning about photosynthesis and cellular respiration we also learned about diffusion and the different types of diffusion. Facilitated diffusion uses no energy while active transport requires a lot of energy. Some other things we learned were the levels of organization, unicellular and multicellular organisms, and osmosis.
            I want to learn more about cellular respiration. I don't have any unanswered questions, but I still have to study more for the test in order to be prepared. I wonder about whether we can see a cell during the process of photosynthesis or cellular respiration. In order to study for the test, I am reviewing my vodcast notes and reading my textbook notes. I have not looked at the Studying and Learning page but I am planning to soon. I am planning to highlight all the key ideas and points in my vodcast notes in order for me to understand and remember it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment